As of the 2018-2019 academic year, KU is one of a select number of participating institutions in the Beinecke Scholarship Program.
The Beinecke Scholarship provides personalized mentoring and up to $34,000 towards graduate studies for students in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- have demonstrated superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement and personal promise during his or her undergraduate career.
- are current juniors and U.S. citizens or nationals (Junior = in penultimate year of undergraduate study)
- have a documented history of financial need
- plan to purse master's or doctoral degrees in arts, humanities, or social sciences
KU may nominate one student per year. Up to 20 students will receive the award nationally.
Campus deadline extended: January 30, 2020
Students submit applications by email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of:
- Resume or CV
- A personal statement of 1,000 words or less from the nominee describing his or her background, interests, plans for graduate study and career aspirations. The statement should include a discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans and aspirations.
- A brief list of previous need-based awards (Pell Grants, etc.)
For the campus stage, we do not need the application form or your transcript; we will access your KU advising report. If you have coursework not included on your KU record, you may submit that with the other materials.
Three letters of reference should be submitted online: http://www.fellowships.ku.edu/submit-campus-references