The Astronaut Scholarship Foundation provides prestigious scholarships of up to $15,000 for "outstanding students who exhibit motivation, imagination and exceptional performance in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural or applied sciences." As of 2015, KU is one of a select number of institutions that may nominate students for this award.
Students eligible for the current application cycle are those who:
- major in natural or applied science, engineering or mathematics (biomedical research students are eligible; pre-med students are not).
- will be a junior or senior at the beginning of the next academic year
- will maintain full-time student status during the coming academic year.
- will have completed two years of full-time study at the University of Kansas by the coming fall semester.
- have conducted a considerable amount of research in their field.
- are U.S. citizens.
Faculty members must nominate students for the award; students may not apply directly.
We are currently adjusting the selection process. Please contact the Office of Fellowships at email@example.com for more information.