As of the 2018-2019 academic year, KU is one of a select number of participating institutions in the Beinecke Scholarship Program. The Beinecke Scholarship provides personalized mentoring and up to $34,000 towards graduate studies for students in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- have demonstrated superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement, and personal promise during their undergraduate career.
- are current juniors and U.S. citizens or nationals (junior = in penultimate year of undergraduate study)
- have a documented history of financial need
- plan to pursue master's or doctoral degrees in arts, humanities, or social sciences
KU may nominate one student per year. Up to 20 students will receive the award nationally.
Students submit applications by emailing the Office of Fellowships at email@example.com. Applications should be in PDF format and consist of:
- resume or CV
- a personal statement of 1,000 words or less from the nominee describing their background, interests, plans for graduate study and career aspirations. The statement should include a discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans and aspirations.
- a brief list of previous need-based awards (Pell Grants, etc.)
For the campus stage, we do not need the national application form or your transcript; we will access your KU advising report. If you have coursework not included on your KU record, you may submit that with the other materials.
Three letters of reference should be submitted online via the campus online letters of recommendation form.
Campus deadline: early to mid-February
National deadline: end of March