These opportunities are wonderful for students in their second year of college (some are also open to freshmen or juniors).
The Office of Fellowships can help with your application. We can read essay drafts, answer your questions, and help you with getting letters of recommendation. Fill out the fellowship interest form to get started!
Campus priority deadline is in early January with a secondary deadline in February
- Up to $7,000 scholarship, 4-day orientation, mentorship, training
- Campus nomination required - email the Office of Fellowships at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students who apply by the January deadline may fill the nomination spots, but if spots remain students can still apply for nomination.
- Open to sophomore and junior students dedicated to either:
- Making a positive impact across a wide spectrum of environmental issues (open to U.S. Citizens), OR
- Making a positive impact in Indian Country (open to Native Americans and Alaska Natives)
Phi Beta Kappa - Key Into Public Service Scholarship
National deadline mid-January
- Up to $5,000 scholarship, two-day online conference and mentoring
- Open to students in their second or third year who are interested in working in the public sector
- Students should be in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences and have a 3.5+ GPA
- View more Key Into Public Service Scholarship information and application details.
NOAA – Hollings
National deadline beginning of February
- Up to $9,500 scholarship for two years
- Summer internship at a NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) facility after first year of fellowship
- Open to U.S. Citizens with two years remaining in college, studying fields such as environmental, biological, and atmospheric sciences, mathematics, engineering, geography, physics and more!
- View NOAA - Hollings application information.
Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Summer Enrichment Program
Deadline early February
- Take two courses at Howard University over the summer
- Participate in programs with foreign affairs professionals at Howard and around Washington, D.C.
- All costs of program are covered, plus a $3,200 stipend
- Open to U.S. Citizens with a 3.2 or above who are sophomores or above
- Read more about the Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Summer Enrichment Program.
US-UK Fulbright Summer Institute
Deadline late February
- Fully funded three-to-four-week summer programs in the United Kingdom for U.S. citizen students in first or second year of college with a 3.7 GPA
- Preference for students with little or no prior international experience
- Wide range of sites and programs (For example: Climate change and the environment in Exeter; Future Leaders in a Global Age at Westminster; Arts, activism and social justice at Bristol)
- Learn more about the US-UK Fulbright Summer Institute.
Check out the huge database of federal opportunities for undergraduate students.
Deadlines start early and occur throughout the year. Email the Office of Fellowships at email@example.com for help!